With the darks nights closing in and summer beginning to feel like a distant memory, there’s never been a better time to grab a weekend away with your partner to cure those autumn blues. From creepy castles to adrenaline fuelled activities, here’s 10 reasons why a Halloween inspired break is guaranteed to raise your spirits (pun intended!).
- Halloween is the perfect time to skip the trick and go straight to treat with a cosy autumn getaway.
- As the birth place of Harry Potter and Alfred Hitchcock, the UK is beginning to rival America for Halloween celebrations, with plenty of opportunities to get into the spooky spirit.
- With historic cities such as Edinburgh, York and London hosting spook-tacular ghost walks, you won’t have to go far to experience the paranormal first hand.
- Why not pay a visit to Whitby, home to the famous Dracula and hosts of the annual goth weekend?
- For one weekend only, some of the UK’s favourite attractions including Alton Towers and Legoland take on a Halloween make over, so there’s never been a better time to get that adrenaline pumping!
- The UK’s many outdoor cinema experiences are the perfect place to scare yourself silly with a horror movie or two!
- But don’t fear horror haters, with theatre breaks such as Wicked or The Phantom of the Opera also available, you can still get into the Halloween spirit.
- A ghoul filled getaway is the perfect opportunity to sus out who’s the biggest scaredy cat out of you and your significant other.
- Fancy dress – need we say more?
- And finally, a spooky Halloween getaway gives you the perfect excuse to cuddle up to your special someone.
Whether you’re or a hater of horror or a fright night funster, short break specialist, Super Break, offers a range of Halloween breaks to suit all tastes - from adrenaline filled adventures to spooky streets tours. To book visit www.superbreak.com or call 0800 042 0288
Alton Towers Scarefest – from £106.50 per person
If you’re a thrill seeker in search of a spine-tingling break this Halloween, then look no further than Alton Towers’ Scarefest. With adrenaline-fuelled rollercoasters, exciting attractions and the Scare Mazes Theme Park, it’s the ultimate Halloween break. What’s more, with plenty for little kids to enjoy too,from CBeebies Land to dancing flashmobs, you can make it a family affair.
PRICE: From £106.50 per person including two nights’ accommodation at the George Hotel and two-day Alton Towers resort ticket. Valid for arrival 27th October 2017.
Eerie Edinburgh Escape – from £104.50 per person
What better way to spend your Halloween than an eerie escape to Edinburgh. Explore the hidden history of the Scottish capital and take a trip into the underground vaults and the city’s Canongate graveyard, where some of the area’s most famous figures lay to rest. Be prepared for stories of murders, ghosts and legends, as you uncover a side of Edinburgh, never before seen - but beware, it’s not one for the faint hearted!
PRICE: From £104.50 per person including two nights’ accommodation at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh, including dinner on your first night and ticket for the Doomed Dead and Buried Tour. Valid for arrival 29th October 2017.