Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson would have celebrated their ninth wedding anniversary today so we take a look back over their marriage.
1. Reynolds and Johansson had a short marriage lasting from 27th September 2008- 1st July 2011.
2. They bought a 2.8 million home together after they tied the knot.
3. The actors got married in a quiet ceremony in Canada, near Tofino, British Columbia.
4. Reynolds was named 'Sexiest Man Alive' by People magazine in the same year that Johansson was deemed 'Babe of the Year' by GQ magazine.
5. Reynolds was asked what affect this title would have on his wife; 'Now it's going to be, 'Sexiest man, take out the garbage'. That does sound better.' (IMDB)
6. The couple began dating back in February 2007...
7. ...And announced their engagement on May 5th 2008.
8. On December 14, 2010, Reynolds and Johansson announced that they had separated.
9. Reynolds was the one who filed for divorce in December 2011, citing 'irreconcilable differences'.
10. When Johansson was asked about marriage, she said;
'I never really thought about getting married - it just kind of happened. It seemed natural, the right thing to do. It was kind of a celebration of the time... I'm kind of making my own little family now, which is funny. It's like a little bit of a tribe. You hope that a relationship makes you better, that you learn things about yourself.' (IMDB)
Source: IMDB and Wikipedia.