National birth records show that the most popular birthday is September 16th and with a typical pregnancy lasting 40 weeks, the majority of babies are conceived on December 11th.
Scientists suggest the fertility is increased in the winter months as sperm quality is higher in the cold.
Lovehoney also found that people are more likely to have sex in December due to it being the festive season!
The statistics were compiled by Lovehoney, Britain’s biggest online seller of sex toys, based on established scientific studies.
They were released ahead of 'Cyber Monday' (Dec 3) - expected to be the biggest online shopping day of the year.
Ten other Lovehoney sex facts include:
• One in four men switches the light off during sex
• 200 calories are burned during 30 minutes of sex
• Outside the bedroom, the most common place to have sex is the car
• 75% of men always climax when having penetrative sex compared to just 29% of women
• Men have an average of 11 erections a day
• 100 million acts of sexual intercourse happen in the world every day
• We kiss on average for 20,160 minutes in our lives – that is, 336 hours, 14 days or two weeks.
• Couples are 17 times more likely to have sex at midnight than at 10am
• A peck on the cheek uses 2 facial muscles, a passionate snog uses all 34
• The older you get the shorter your orgasm will be.
Lovehoney co-founder Neal Slateford said they were expecting a huge boom in sales prior to December 11.
He said, “December is always one of our busiest month as couples treat each other at Christmas.
“Everyone is increasingly doing their Christmas shopping online - who wants to go out to the shops when it is pouring down and there are queues at the check-outs?
“So we are expecting a big surge ahead of December 11, the most fertile day of the year, when I guess a lot of broody couples will be staying in and having a good time!”
Turn-over shot up by a third, driven by a record demand for toys such as the Inner Goddess Silver Pleasure Balls featured in the E L James trilogy.
Fancy winning yourself a Fifty Shades of Grey Submit to Me Beginners Bondage Kit? Enter our competition here for your chance to win!
Cara Mason @FemaleFirst_UK